Please do not include any confidential information in this form. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Mark C. Schnitzer
Mark C. Schnitzer joined Reid & Hellyer in 2002 and is a Senior Attorney with the firm. Focusing on bankruptcy law in Riverside, he represents both creditors and debtors and is a knowledgeable source for those seeking to file Chapter 7, 11 or 13 bankruptcies.
Mark's involvement in the Inland Empire's legal community spans four decades and he has held and holds a host of leadership positions aimed at strengthening the legal field in the growing region.
As the founding president of the Inland Empire Chapter of the Federal Bar Association in 1997, Mark played a leading role in fostering the area's legal community. His service on the chapter's board of directors since its inception has made him a leading figure in its effort to build ties between the area's attorneys and the community at large. He currently serves as Chairman of the Client Relations Committee for the San Bernardino County Bar Association and served on the association's board of directors from 1993 to 1999.
Mark has also provided leadership in the area's legal community concerning bankruptcy law. He served on the board of directors of the Inland Empire Bankruptcy Forum, whose members typically practice bankruptcy law, from 1992 to 2007 and served as its president from 1993 to 1994. He also served on the board of directors for the California Bankruptcy Forum from 1993 to 1998 and is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
A member of the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps during his undergraduate days, Mark served in the United States Air Force JAG Corps for four and a half years, including one year in Vietnam, where he gave legal advice to military personnel stationed at the Tuy Hoa Air Base. He also performed various other military legal duties throughout the country and completed his tour of duty with the rank of Captain while stationed at Norton Air Force Base in San Bernardino in 1971.
Mark's long history in the Inland Empire's legal community earned him a profile in the Riverside County Bar Association's publication, "Riverside Lawyer." Mark's service to his community and country were noted in the "Opposing Counsel" column that highlights prominent members of the RCBA.
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 1966
- California, 1971
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1972
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia, 1966
Honors: McNeill Law Society, 1964-1965
Honors: Phi Delta Phi (Exchequer, 1965)
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 1963
- Instructor, Business Law, University of Maryland, Far East Division, 1969
- Instructor, Domestic Relations Practice, University of California, Riverside, 1977
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- California State Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, 2000 - 2003
- Central District Bankruptcy Mediation Program
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association, 1997 - 1998
- California Bankruptcy Forum, 1995
Past Employment Positions:
- United States Air Force, Captain, 1966 - 1971
- Zeta Beta Tau
- Phi Delta Phi